A+ A-
Applications for Net Billing, Electric Power Wheeling And Auxiliary Connection Licenses Now To Be Made To The Ministry Of Energy

All persons who are desirous of connecting to the Jamaica Public Service grid are required to obtain a licence from the Minister with responsibility for energy.

The Ministry of Science, Energy and Technology therefore, advises the public that, effective January 1, 2017, ALL applications for Net Billing, Electric Power Wheeling and Auxiliary Connections are to be made directly to the Ministry.

In keeping with this, the Office of Utilities Regulations will no longer be accepting applications for Net-Billing and Auxiliary Connections as of January 1, 2017.

The public is further advised that a non-refundable processing fee will be required of all applicants, with successful applicants also paying a license fee.

Additional information may be sourced from the Ministry’s website http://www.mset.gov.jm or by contacting the Electricity Licence Administrator at 876-920-4499 or sending an e-mail to electricityapps@mset.gov.jm